Bats Fly Up for Inspector Ghote


My library sell old  books a couple of times a year. I sometimes buy some the last day of the sale, because you can fill a plastic bag with novels for about 1½ Euro. There is sometimes a lot of novels in English  left.
One of the books I bought was: Bats Fly Up for Inspector Ghote by H.R.F. Keating.
 It is from 1974, It takes place in India where Ghote is relegated to catching pickpockets. Then he gets transferred to the BATS, a unit investigating black money. Informations are leaking In the squad  and it is Ghote's task to try and find out who the informant is. It is a crime novel, and number 9 in The Inspector Ghote series.  Keating  has won the Crime Writer Association Gold Dagger and the Edgar Alan Poe Award, but  I guess I should have read the first novel first, because I was not really into it.

Danish

Comments