Easy Cinnamon Rolls

When I bake white bread I often make a bigger batch than just for the one bread. After rising I use the extra dough to make cinnamon rolls. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and put thinly sliced pieces of butter on top. I cut the butter with a cheese slicer. The butter should be refrigerator cold. I find this method easier than putting butter on one third and then roll it out several times, and it works very well if you roll the dough out in a thin recktangel only once and cover it all with butter.
When the dough is covered with butter you  sprinkle well with cinnamon sugar. Roll up the dough from the longest side and cut it in pieces (approximately 4 cm) and put the pieces in a muffin baking mould. Mine is made of silicone.

  
Let it rise again and then bake 20-25 min at 200 degrees. 
The white bread is brushed with egg white and sprinkled with a mixture of sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds and sunflower seeds. 
I chop the seeds and mix together, and makes a big portion for several breads. I store the seed mix in a glass jar. I bake the  white bread together with the rolls but it has to bake 15-20 minutes longer.
Danish

Comments